Advertisement

News

Peace agreement might collapse as Iran claims US blocking key clauses

Iran has warned that no final understanding will be reached unless Washington agrees to release part of Iran's blocked assets at the very first stage of the deal.

Iran war
  • Iran told mediators its frozen funds must be released at the outset of any deal
  • Iran says US shifted stance despite earlier understandings reached through mediation
  • Trump says deal with Iran is not complete and must be done right
advertisement

The Big Picture

How Jahangir Pushpa Khan, TMC's Diamond Harbour model came apart

From promising an electric crematorium for the BJP's last rites to watching his own empire collapse, Abhishek Banerjee's Diamond Harbour fortress has fallen. In Falta, the BJP has won a commanding victory in the repoll following the surrender of Trinamool Congress's strongman and self-proclaimed Pushpa, Jahangir Khan.

The undoing of Jahangir and TMC's Diamond Harbour model.
advertisement

US-IRAN WAR

Live: Trump says Iran deal not fully negotiated, repeats nuclear red line

US-Iran-Israel War Live Updates: Iran, US and Pakistan signal major progress in talks to end the nearly three-month-long war, with a Pakistani official involved in negotiations telling Reuters that an interim deal in its final phase is "fairly comprehensive to terminate the war." A memorandum of understanding is being fine-tuned after Pakistan Army chief Asim Munir's talks in Tehran, while sources said the proposed framework includes formally ending the war, reopening the Strait of Hormuz and launching a 30-day negotiation window for a broader agreement. US President Donald Trump said he may decide by Sunday whether to resume attacks on Iran, even as Secretary of State Marco Rubio said "some progress" had been made in ongoing talks.

Although active hostilities have eased, negotiations remain fragile, with Iran’s nuclear programme emerging as the central unresolved issue.
advertisement

DUST STORM ALERT

Mild dust storm hits Delhi. Know the science behind it

A massive dust storm originating from the Thar Desert is expected to hit Delhi-NCR tonight, with IMD issuing a yellow alert for reduced visibility and gusty winds. Here is the science behind it and what you should do to stay safe.

A thick brown wall of dust approaches Delhi-NCR as a powerful pre-monsoon Andhi sweeps in from Rajasthan, bearing reduced visibility and deteriorating air quality in its wake. (Photo: PTI)

Features

The AI agent called, your smartphone is changing

iconHandcrafted ByOur Editors

Google used I/O 2026 to pitch Gemini-powered agents as the next smartphone interface. The shift points to phones moving beyond app grids towards persistent, context-aware assistance.

AI agents
advertisement
advertisement